...classical music is killing itself, and no-one cares anymore...
the biting point
is a living, evolving online manifesto advocating a far-sighted, optimistic, politicised, popular revolution in art music culture
- Opera, ‘Elitism’ and Trickle-Down Culture
- Feminist Music at the Southbank: III. On Semi-Stagings (or, How To Silence A Political Piece)
- Feminist Music at the Southbank: II. Weill’s The Seven Deadly Sins & Intersectionality
- While I am very far from rejecting…
- Feminist Music at the Southbank: I. WOWhat?!
Monthly Archives: February 2011
Mark-Anthony Turnage has been our hero for a while now. Besides his deep affinity with jazz as an alternative cradle of twentieth-century avant garde influences, not just a set of historical or geographical signposts, he turned directly to contemporary society … Continue reading