...classical music is killing itself, and no-one cares anymore...
the biting point
is a living, evolving online manifesto advocating a far-sighted, optimistic, politicised, popular revolution in art music culture
- Opera, ‘Elitism’ and Trickle-Down Culture
- Feminist Music at the Southbank: III. On Semi-Stagings (or, How To Silence A Political Piece)
- Feminist Music at the Southbank: II. Weill’s The Seven Deadly Sins & Intersectionality
- While I am very far from rejecting…
- Feminist Music at the Southbank: I. WOWhat?!
Monthly Archives: January 2012
There’s a great article in the Guardian today by Alex Needham, entitled ‘Audiences flock to “difficult” contemporary classical music’. Check it out HERE It attempts to encapsulate a surge of interest, catered for by the Southbank, Barbican and ENO, in … Continue reading
A recent press release from the Southbank Centre has created a certain amount of web excitement around two prospects for next year’s season. Steve Reich is writing a piece called ‘Radiohead Rewrite’, based on two songs by the band: ‘Everything … Continue reading
Bang on a Can are giving away their new 25th anniversary album Big, Beautiful, Dark & Scary on their website! For free!! But only for the next two days… (hurry hurry!) The double LP features new recordings of works by … Continue reading