...classical music is killing itself, and no-one cares anymore...
the biting point
is a living, evolving online manifesto advocating a far-sighted, optimistic, politicised, popular revolution in art music culture
- Opera, ‘Elitism’ and Trickle-Down Culture
- Feminist Music at the Southbank: III. On Semi-Stagings (or, How To Silence A Political Piece)
- Feminist Music at the Southbank: II. Weill’s The Seven Deadly Sins & Intersectionality
- While I am very far from rejecting…
- Feminist Music at the Southbank: I. WOWhat?!
Monthly Archives: April 2012
I was satisfied to see the line-up for next month’s Yellow Lounge, the classical club night currently resident at the Bankside Vaults, Southwark. It’s always come across as the glossy, corporate, major-label cousin of the more grungy alt-classical events, but … Continue reading