...classical music is killing itself, and no-one cares anymore...
the biting point
is a living, evolving online manifesto advocating a far-sighted, optimistic, politicised, popular revolution in art music culture
- Opera, ‘Elitism’ and Trickle-Down Culture
- Feminist Music at the Southbank: III. On Semi-Stagings (or, How To Silence A Political Piece)
- Feminist Music at the Southbank: II. Weill’s The Seven Deadly Sins & Intersectionality
- While I am very far from rejecting…
- Feminist Music at the Southbank: I. WOWhat?!
Category Archives: electronic
I ruminated at length in the last post about the Southbank Centre’s The Rest is Noise season, and just last night the season’s tie-in BBC4 documentary The Sound and the Fury aired its first episode (I haven’t seen it yet, but the always-reliable … Continue reading
Happy New Year from the biting point to all our readers!!! We’d firstly like to apologise for our quiet period towards the end of 2011, mainly caused by the fact that we were too busy and poor to see any … Continue reading
[Time for a teeny bit of self-promotion...] Carmen Elektra presents: TERRIBLE LIPS – 17th June 2011, 8.30pm – Bike Polo Warehouse, Cambridge – £5 On Friday 17th June in a large, condemned warehouse space, remarkably well-hidden considering its proximity to … Continue reading